Virtual storage used by the task won't increase unless new GETMAIN is issued.

After initial GETMAIN the working set will increase as the task begins
to access more pages without FREEMAIN.

These days, as real storage is usually not a problem, it's possible
that those pages will reside in central storage for a long time. I
guess that's what you saw.

So in my opinition, you should check the program logic to find the
possible cause: do you declare more variables as time goes by and
never FREEMAIN the no-longer-used ones?

My two cents.

Best Regards,
Johnny Luo