If by "within a particular subtask" you mean "not my task, but a subtask
of it", then you're mostly on your own.  There are no programming
interfaces provided to accomplish that. And no control block fields that
contain time for a task are programming interfaces.

If you're interested in time for "my task", and if you happen to be
running on a machine with the ECTG instruction available, then
TIMEUSED ECTG=YES,STORADR=x is far and away the best. The output is not in
"MIC", it will be in TOD clock units.
Alternately, TIMEUSED ECTG=COND,STORADR=x,LINKAGE=SYSTEM can be used. It
will get the fast path if ECTG is available, and a slower PC-entered path
if ECTG is not available.

As Binyamin correctly pointed out, if you look at system control blocks
(such as TCBTTIME) you will not pick up the time since the last dispatch.

Peter Relson
z/OS Core Technology Design