<HTTPPROXY host="local.httpproxy.com">

Is this really the name of your HTTP proxy server, or is the above just for illustration? Do you really have and require an HTTP proxy server?

<snip>
  <SERVER host="local.ftpproxy.com">  </SERVER>

Same question, is this really the name of your FTP proxy sever, or is the above just for illustration? Do you really have and require an FTP proxy server?

<snip>
EZA1554I Connecting to: local.ftpproxy.com 208.87.32.75 port: 21.
EZA2589E Connection to server interrupted or timed out. Initial connection
EZA1735I Std Return Code = 10000, Error Code = 00008

The trouble seems to be in connecting to your specified FTP proxy server. Again, is that the correct server name? You'll likely need to investigate logs or such on the proxy server for more information.

If you have not done so already, you should also check out the SMP/E User's Guide, section 4.5.3 "Options that affect FTP operations" for hopefully some useful information (http://publibz.boulder.ibm.com/cgi-bin/bookmgr_OS390/BOOKS/GIMUSR42/4.5.3?SHELF=GIM2BK80&DT=20100603135959).

Kurt Quackenbush -- IBM, SMP/E Development