On 7/16/2011 8:28 PM, Greg Dorner wrote:
I've experienced some strange install/maintenance scenarios with  z/OSMF, but
have managed so far to get it all put back together again. I went from z/OS
1.10 to 1.12 with z/OSMF, which was a bit tricky with all the config file
changes, but I haven't had any problems with PTF's. You just need to NOT take
the holddata literally. They give you the parameters to run the shell script.
but the user controlled variables, like config name and location must be
replaced with those required for your environment. The doc in the hold could be
worded much better.

The primary intent of my post was to ascertain, from IBM-MAIN participants with off-platform WAS maintenance experience, whether similar manual, post-service requirements exist on other platforms or if this need is a z/OS idiosyncrasy...

--
Edward E Jaffe
Phoenix Software International, Inc