Cheryl:

This is not directed at you but at SHARE/IBM more or less.
I used to work on requirements for the storage products and when we would
either
revue all the outstanding requirements or get notification from IBM that they
thought one (or more) of any requirements were "available" or satisfied we
would
sit back and really read the original requirement and look at IBM's response
and
either said "yes" or "no" and would send the "satisfied" back to IBM and
explain
why it wasn't.
I think someone at IBM gets promoted and one of the things that the person
revues is the requirements list (good but...) and either they don't understand
the requirement and they decide its close so maybe nobody will notice or they
truly do not have a clue. They grasp at straws in other words.  We yelled at
our
IBM rep once in a while when a satisfied came back and we let him know it
wasn't
and why in so many words.
Once we put in a requirement for a DASD reporting package (lot more verbage and
justification) and IBM came back after 2 years and said available. We looked at
their solution and responded with no it isn't, it doesn't meet part A or
section
1 etc etc etc and sent it back.
It (the requirement) came back as rejected.
We rewrote the requirement and resubmitted and it died.
Every 3 years we asked for an update and it came back still looking.
I am firmly convinced that someone at IBM gets dinged for each requirement and
pat on the back for every requirement they can deflect.

Ed