I created a zFS that occupied most of a 'Mod-27'. The IDCAMS step to
create the underlying VSAM cluster looked like this:

  DEFINE CLUSTER (NAME(xxx.ZFS) -
  VOLUMES(vvvvvv) SHAREOPTIONS(3) DATACLAS(EXT) LINEAR -
  CYLINDERS(28000,100))

The key is DATACLAS. 'EXT' is the name we use for extended data sets in
SMS. Once the cluster was defined, the zFS formatting was the same as for
any zFS:

//FMTVSZFS EXEC PGM=IOEAGFMT,COND=(0,LT),
// PARM=('-aggregate xxx.ZFS -compat')
//SYSPRINT DD SYSOUT=*
//SYSOUT   DD SYSOUT=*
//STDOUT   DD SYSOUT=*