In a recent note, Barry Schwarz said:

> Date:         Wed, 14 Dec 2005 01:59:56 -0800
>
> Thinki about how you do it in assembler.  You WRITE, then you STOW.

How, then, does one create an empty member?  What does one use as the
argument of the WRITE?  I had assumed (but I haven't tested this)
that I could do this with IEBGENER:

    //STEP    EXEC  PGM=IEBGENER
    //SYSUT2   DD   DISP=MOD,DSN=&SYSUID.PDS(MEMBER)
    //SYSUT1   DD   DUMMY

What does IEBGENER use as the argument for the WRITE (PUT? QSAM?)
that you aver it issues.

> Johnny Luo <[log in to unmask]> wrote:  Recently I've been
> trying to write a REXX which can be invoked
> directly in ISPF to add a new member to an existing PDS.
>
> But,what I want to do is just adding a member to PDS,then why I must
> write a logical record to PDS first?

-- gil
--
StorageTek