In <4e394150.1070...@bcs.org.uk>, on 08/03/2011
   at 01:38 PM, CM Poncelet <ponce...@bcs.org.uk> said:

>Well yes, they have to be loaded into VS to be processed. In the case
>of  block read/writes they precede the data records in the buffer.
>But  whatever was being discussed at the time I wrote that had to do
>with  record read/writes, in which case the BDW and RDW would not be
>accessible from the buffer: so perhaps I should have said 'not
>accessible' instead of 'not loaded'.

You would still have been wrong.

>If I dealt only with MVS, I would have the time to refresh my
>memory:  but I don't; I work with subsystems.

Would you mind identifying your employer?

>the fact that the channel programs (CPs) are issuing CCWs

It's not a fact.

>True. I translate my thoughts into words and for this I use whatever
> suitable word

Or, as in this case, unsuitable word.

In <4e395926.7040...@bcs.org.uk>, on 08/03/2011
   at 03:20 PM, CM Poncelet <ponce...@bcs.org.uk> said:

>I am proving by 'reductio ad absurdum' that if the assertion is true,
> then its consequences are absurd:

No; you are confusing an assertion with a proof.

In <4e395cad.9020...@bcs.org.uk>, on 08/03/2011
   at 03:35 PM, CM Poncelet <ponce...@bcs.org.uk> said:

>I have read the manuals and I reference them when *necessary*,

FSVO necessary.

>and I am 'adamant' that I am right in
>pointing out that an assertion made by others is logically absurd
>when it is logically absurd.

You are also adamant that you are right in claiming as logically
absurd things that are not logically absurd and in rebutting claims
that nobody made.