Thanks for the valuable information.  I plan to use the MODE C cmd in selected
(10 or 20) z/os, or ZOS, or  Z/OS R 1.12.  IBM Mainframe(z196) batch jobs.
These FTP's currently have an Elapse Time of 20 minutes to 3 hours using BLOCK
Mode.  With MODE C they use 6 minutes to 90 minutes.  I never intended to
modify any FTP of a TERSED file.  I meant to state that MODE C can be faster
and less of a resource hog that a terse, ftp, and then unterse.  Bottom line,
our batch will complete sooner and help insure we meet our SLA's.  I also plan
to put in place the new DSWAITTIME nn parameter.

I really enjoy the veritable plethora of  in depth information provided by the
many factotums and doyens on this SITE.

David L. Mingee
Principal Systems Administrator
Indianapolis Production Control
Data Center Operations / Operations Technical Support

Work Ext  782-6460
Work Direct Dial  317 581-6460
Home 317 598-0919 / Cell 317 341-0885