3390 full track size is ca. 56K, and 3380 is ca. 47K.  But you were right - 32K
is still not optimal for 3390.

Bill Fairchild

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu] On Behalf Of
Ed Gould
Sent: Wednesday, August 17, 2011 11:18 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: ABEND - 637-04

Hal:

A 32K blocksize is not optimal for 3390 . IIRC it would be 1 block per track
(track size being 48K) Half track blocking or 24K is probably the best, IMO. My
memory is drawing a blank for 3380 (but 36K maybe right) so 18K. Best to use
blksize=0 unless the damn program over rides the blocksize, if so call the
vendor.

Ed