IMO, you need an OMVS segment and a unique, non-zero, UID. You also need Write
(Read & eXecute would be nice too) access to the /TEST subdirectory. From the
message, your ID is running with a UID of 9999999 and a GID of 1. How to give
you access to /TEST as you are now defined?

1) setfacl -m user:9999999:rwx /TEST
2) setfacl -m group:1:rwx /TEST

http://publibz.boulder.ibm.com/cgi-bin/bookmgr_OS390/BOOKS/BPXZA590/SETFACL
This requires "root" to do the commands, but then your id can access the
subdirectory. This may or may not grant you access to other files in that
subdirectory. Access to each file in the subdirectory will depend on the ACL
for that file.

Instead of UID==0, get CONTROL access to profile SUPERUSER.FILESYS in the
UNIXPRIV class.

http://publibz.boulder.ibm.com/cgi-bin/bookmgr_OS390/BOOKS/bpxzb291/4.6

This latter is still horrible, but less so than UID==0. It will allow you
unlimited access to every UNIX file and subdirectory in your shop. I.e. you can
destroy the UNIX environment with relative ease.

The setfacl is much nicer. Especially if your RACF admin gives you a unique,
non-zero, UID in an OMVS segment and then uses the "setfacl -m user:<uid>:rwx
/TEST" to give you access only to the /TEST subdirectory. Uh, replacing <uid>
with the UID you were given.

Using UID==0 is an anathema to any security conscious admin. Very few processes
really need it. And, IMO, __never__ an interactive user. Have the RACF person
look at the UNIXPRIV class and the BPX.--- profiles in the FACILITY class for
ways to allow access without UID==0.

--
John McKown
Systems Engineer IV