>Peter,
>
>https://www-304.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=isg1OA15228
>
>Do you have any specific references for how you are indicating
>that the region inheritance works?

Sorry for the late reply to your question, Rob

I had done some tests some years ago but unfortunately I can't
find the results anymmore, so all I know and wrote is what
my memory is remembering.

The TSO/OMVS case I described below is not completely correct.
(In the darly days, I seem to remember, it was.)

When starting a *non-local* shell using TSO/OMVS, then the
ASSIZEMAX and MAXASSIZE are used to set the region size for
the shell address space. (If the shell is started locally,
i.e. in the TSO AS, then the region size is not changed.)

I searched the archives of IBM-MAIN and MVS-OE and found
a post from Don Ault. In December 1998 he explained:

  "MAXASSIZE is used whenever you have a setuid/exec or spawn
   with userid which the kernel interprets as a daemon creating
   a user process."

(At that time ASSIZEMAX did not yet exist in the OMVS segment.)

This is what I meant with the following statement I posted earlier,
I just could not remember exactly when it happens.

--
Peter Hunkeler