I've never successfully repaired a damaged HFS. The best you can do is either restore from a backup copy or define a new file system and using the copytree command copy as much as the damaged file system to the new file system as possible. Then mount the new file system at the original mount point.

You should consider migrating to zFS from HFS's since they're much more resilient to errors of this type.

Mark Jacobs