On Thu, 1 Sep 2011 11:58:47 -0400, Shmuel Metz (Seymour J.) wrote:

>In <1314835540.55397.yahoomailclas...@web31807.mail.mud.yahoo.com>, on
>08/31/2011
>   at 05:05 PM, Cris Hernandez #9 said:
>
>>I'd start with standard IBM utility (iebupdte) to unload the pds to a
>>sequential file,
>
>NFW! That's an update utility, not a load/unload utility. Use TSO
>XMIT/RECEIVE, which support encapsulating IEBCOPY output in RECFM=FB.

About half.  IEBUPDTE will load a PDS (given the proper input data,
and with some lexical restrictions).  But I don't see that it will unload.

I wonder whether liberating IEBCOPY from APF in 1.13 will have wonderful
consequences.  Next, I'd like to see TRANSMIT and RECEIVE liberated from
TSO so I could use them in EXECs, perhaps even under OMVS.

-- gil