As DUMPSRV is system task, the CPU-TIME should be the accumulate value since
IPL..
So, depends on how long it has been running.
On another hand, simply calculate the per EXCP using CPU second, result in
0.143ms/EXCP, looks good to me.

I have no idea which column in SDSF with mentioned value "PROT'?
On Fri, Sep 2, 2011 at 11:40 AM, jagadishan perumal
<jagadish...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi experts,
>
> In one of our Test system the DUMPSRV's CPU and EXCP counts are really
> high.
> Are there any ways to reduce the EXCP count since the system performance is
> really slow. I took the below information after analysing each EXCP and CPU
> time and found DUMPSRV had really a high values interms of EXCP-Cnt and CPU
> -time.
>
> Any thoughts or suggestions will help me in analysing more. Please guide or
> provide me a reference to analyse more on the below. If anyone can provide
> me a diagnostic guide or  reference online that will be really helpful
>
> JOBNAME   CPU% ASID ASIDX  EXCP-Cnt   CPU-Time
> DUMPSRV   0.00    5        0005   7109245     1014.58
>
> Also, I was able to see that SYSLOGD1 status shows as "PROT" . I was trying
> to search for a similar problems in google, but I could'nt get similar HITS
> to analyse.
>
> SYSLOGD1  0.00   31  001F       237       5.18    PROT
>
> Regards,
> Jags

Cobe Xu

Best Regards