1) Don't Know. I've never had a need to investigate.
2) Don't Know. My ZFS's have all been 1 volume (3390-3) or less.
3) Don't Know. I've never had an EAV volume to worry about.

A ZFS is just a linear VSAM dataset (to MVS). The only difference is the
method of accessing the data by Unix System Services.
AFAIK, anything that can be done to a non-ZFS linear VSAM dataset can
also be done to a ZFS.

<snip>
I should RTFM, but I'll ask:
1. Can ZFS LDS be striped?
2. Can ZFS LDS be "extent-infinite" (a VSAM feature which arrived with
z/OS 1.7)?
3. Are there any constraints for ROOT ZFS, i.e. non-EAS ("upper" part of

EAV volume), etc?
</snip>