as400 wrote:
> And regarding the DMV's database..Heres some information..Its only an a
> diagram..Nothing detailed..
> http://www.byte.com/art/9602/img/508003c2.htm
>
> Oh...I gave you a the City of Los Angeles's Database tier reports...You
> have to click on REPORTS and then IT PREFFERED STANDARDS...And then you
> can see what their using for their Mainframes..Its interesting.

here are pieces of past thread on the subject ... this first ref.
actually stays on topic (possibly pull the rest from google's usenet
achive)
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/2001.html#62 California DMV

these then drift some
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/2001.html#65 California DMV
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/2001.html#68 California DMV
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/2001.html#72 California DMV

this talks about a number of projects that ran into problems (including
cal. dmv project)
http://web.mit.edu/afs/athena.mit.edu/user/other/a/Saltzer/www/publications/Saltzerthumbnails.pdf

more about IT projects that run into problems
http://www.ctg.albany.edu/publications/guides/smartit2?chapter=3&PrintVersion=2

mention in risk digest
http://catless.ncl.ac.uk/Risks/10.47.html#subj1
http://catless.ncl.ac.uk/Risks/15.80.html#subj1
http://catless.ncl.ac.uk/Risks/16.07.html#subj10

a couple posts in the follow thread that drifted into topic of
development process, development standards, etc (totally coincidental
that it starts with questions about tandem)
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/2005u.html#5 What ever happened to Tandem
and NonStop OS ?
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/2005u.html#17 What ever happened to Tandem
and NonStop OS ?