Doug:

Many thanks. That looks like it. Now to take that to the network folks.

Mike

On 09/13/2011 08:01 AM, Doug Fuerst wrote:
I believe the MAC address is found by going through the HMC and
interrogating the OSA Adapter through Advanced Facilities. The Configuration
data should be there, as defined in the address assigned in HCD to the
particular adapter.

Doug

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu] On Behalf
Of Mike Myers
Sent: Monday, September 12, 2011 10:12 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: IP address for an OSA-ICC card

My client uses a device's MAC address and some process that generates an
IP address for it. I have asked for IP addresses for some OSA-ICC
channels on a z9 i'm installing for them and can't think of a way to
find a MAC address for these. Anyone else out there have this problem
and know how to deal with it?

TIA

Mike Myers
Mentor Services Corporation