Got some names mixed up. The secondary JES name can have any 4th
character. I used 'S' here for consistency.

------------------------

Here are some definitions for secondary JES2 that accesses an inactive
spool, that is, one whose own MVS/JES2 were not active at the time.

-- Name must be something other than JES2, e.g. JESS

-- JESS must be defined in the subsystem name table
    SUBSYS SUBNAME(JESS) /* ALTERNATE JES -- NO OTHER KEYWORDS */

-- In JES PARMS, you must point to unique checkpoint and spool data sets
and member name(s)

   CKPTDEF  CKPT1=(DSN=SYS1.JESCKPT1,VOL=JESCKS,INUSE=YES),
         CKPT2=(DSN=SYS1.JESCKPT2,VOL=SPOLS1,INUSE=YES),...

   SPOOLDEF VOLUME=SPOLS,...

   MEMBER(01) NAME=S0
   MEMBER(02) NAME=S1
   MEMBER(03) NAME=S2

--  If you want to NJE to it, you must create and define a unique VTAM
logon applid

--  If you want to access the secondary JES2 via SDSF, create a separate
SDSF task proc:

   //SDSFSYSS PROC  M=SS,         /* SUFFIX FOR ISFPRMXX */
  //             P='LC(H)'       /* USE SYSOUT CLASS H FOR SDSFLOG */
  //SDSF     EXEC  PGM=ISFHCTL,REGION=32M,TIME=1440,PARM='M(&M),&P'

-- I can' find my old ISFPRMSS, but  it contains something like this:

   SERVER NAME(SDSFSYSS),JESNAME(JESS),MEMBER(S0)

-- Get into SDSF and look at help for SDSF Command on how to connect to
server SDSFSYSS

.
.
JO.Skip Robinson