I think she is retired now....it's been around 40 years since she was walking
on the beach.

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu] On Behalf Of
Roberts, John J
Sent: Wednesday, October 05, 2011 11:54 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: WTO Sample Program

Sergio,

Many years ago, at another installation, I had a batch utility program that
worked like this:

        //WTOR EXEC PGM=MYWTOR,PARM='PLEASE REPLY ''Y'' TO CONTINUE OR ''N'' TO
STOP|Y|N'

The program would send the message (up to the first delimiter), wait for the
reply, and then analyze the reply.  In my example, a reply of Y would result in
RC=0, a reply of N would result in RC=1, and any other reply would result in
RC=911.  Subsequent JCL jobsteps could be made conditional on the RC from the
WTOR step.

Is this what you are looking for?  If so, anyone with beginner ASM skills could
reproduce such a utility.

I could even do it again, for a price.

My price? A Kiss from the Girl From Ipanema!

John

lists...@bama.ua.edu with the message: GET IBM-MAIN INFO Search the archives at
http://bama.ua.edu/archives/ibm-main.html

lists...@bama.ua.edu with the message: GET IBM-MAIN INFO Search the archives at
http://bama.ua.edu/archives/ibm-main.html
This e-mail may contain confidential or privileged information. If
you think you have received this e-mail in error, please advise the
sender by reply e-mail and then delete this e-mail immediately.
Thank you. Aetna