While I am not certain of any "magical" incantations, if you update the
DATACLAS for the existing data sets with the desired EATTR value then, during a
DSS COPY, the new allocation of these data sets should be allocated with the
new EATTR value you defined.  You could also define a new DATACLAS, do a DSS
COPY with RENAMEU and have your ACS routines assign the new DATACLAS based on
the naming convention.  And, as I have already seen mentioned, you can invoke
DSS via an API and in EXIT 28 specify the EATTR value to be used for the target
allocation.  Finally, there is the undesired pre-allocation method.  As far as
I know these are the only ways to modify EATTR via the use of DSS.

Justin Eastman
IBM DFSMSdss Development