On Wed, 12 Oct 2011 21:47:56 +0530, saurabh khandelwal
<sourabhkhandelwal...@gmail.com> wrote:

>Receiving RSU directly to  Global zone might be risky. Because while
>receiving from IBM site, if connection drops, then it might create problem.
>
>Please correct me, if my perception is wrong

Never that I have seen.

The package is staged in the SMPNTS and then unwound (pax)
in the receive frommnetwork process, so a drop during the initial
transfer from the IBM server doesn't affect the zones.

>From the fine manual:

14.4.3 Restarting RECEIVE FROMNETWORK

If errors occur during the transfer of files for a package, it may be necessary
to restart the
RECEIVE FROMNETWORK operation in order to complete the transfer of the entire
package. You
can simply rerun the RECEIVE FROMNETWORK command, and SMP/E will determine
which files
have already been transferred successfully, and which files need to be
transferred again or
have not yet been transferred. Before transferring a file, RECEIVE processing
checks to see if
the file already exists in the package directory of the SMPNTS. If it does, the
hash value for the
existing file is calculated and compared to the hash value supplied in the
package attribute file. If
they match, the file is used as it exists in the package directory and is not
transferred again. If
the hash value of the existing file does not match the value supplied in the
package attribute file,
the file is transferred from the FTP server and replaces the existing file in
the package directory.

mailto:m...@mzelden.com