On Wed, 12 Oct 2011 10:51:23 -0700, Bill Johnson <mellonb...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>We are considering creating a separate LPAR just to run Connect Direct on
>because it would reduce the cost of the Connect Direct product by about 80%
>saving around $80K. Is anyone doing this? Does it make sense? Drawbacks?

The question is:  Does it make sense for your shop?    It depends on what else
is
needed on that LPAR (other supporting software, for example automation,
scheduling, etc.), management of that LPAR, etc.    "Penalty Boxes"
have been used by many shops.  SAS in particular before they allowed
LPAR pricing.  This is similar, although not a separate box.

Mark
mailto:m...@mzelden.com