Good day,

We are planning to expand the use of SMS in our DASD environment.

One of the questions we have been wrestling with is whether or not to maintain
a seperate Storage Group for our HFS/ZFS data sets or let them comingle with
other system type data sets in a pool.

I've not really found any good information as to whether or not it is a good
idea, and was wondering what other shops are doing.

Do you maintain a seperate SMS pool for HFS/ZFS datasets?  Why?

Thanks,
Curtis Jackson
Systems Programmer II
Georgia Farm Bureau Mutual Insurance Co.
cnjack...@gfb.org