Hi all,
In IMS-DC, usually with each MOD- variable ,we define
an attribute variable e.g.
MOD-VAR1-ATTR   PIC S9(4)  COMP.
MOD-VAR1        PIC X(5).
the attribute variable is used to set screen
properties like protected,nodisplay etc.
In one mod-area,I have defined several attribute
variables.Then I change some of them through the
program and display the page.Now suppose user entered
some wrong value at one of mod- variables,then when
the program re-enters,I have to highlight that
variable's attribute field which was wrongly entered.
I do this by changing its attribute property and
resend the page again.The problem is now in the second
display,the attributes  of those variables that were
changed earlier,revert back to their originally
defined properties in the MFS,I mean they don't retain
 the new values set by the program previously.Hope I
have clearly stated the problem.
Also tell me is there a way to store the attributes
through the MID-AREA.This is because MID-AREA will
contain only those varibles that will be there on the
display page.But clear my former problem first.
Thanks,
Sudhanshu