From: Neale Ferguson <ne...@sinenomine.net>
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Sent: Tuesday, October 18, 2011 5:37 PM
Subject: ATTLS configuration

I¹m attempting to enable ATTLS on my z/OS 1.12 and 1.9 systems for the
purpose of running secured NJE. I have installed the z/OS Configuration
Assistant to create the appropriate policies, created certificates on both
systems and placed them into the appropriate rings, and added the TCPCONFIG
TTLS statement.

According to the a SHARE presentation I then had to run some further RACF
commands using TCPIP.SEZAINST(EZARACF) as the starting point. It seems to me
that the order of statements in the job is strange (i.e. when doing the
INITSTACK stuff it refers to users defined further down in the job stream).

Also, I get the messages (below) from the EZARACF job. As far as I can tell
the ADDUSER syntax is correct so I'm not sure why it's complaining. Also, I
assume the REFRESH of RACLIST(SECLABEL) is failing because I've forgotten to
do something with SYSHIGH.

Has anyone gone through this process? If so, did you have a cheat sheet. The
SHARE presentation is good but it does state that it's skipped over some
steps for the sake of keeping the presentation within its time allocation.

ADDUSER  NAMED DFLTGRP(OMVSGRP) OMVS(UID(0) HOME('/')) SECLABEL(SYSHIGH)
NOPASSWORD
IKJ56702I INVALID USERID, NAMED
IKJ56701I MISSING OMVS UID+
IKJ56701I MISSING OMVS USER ID (UID), 1-10 NUMERIC DIGITS
READY
PERMIT   SYSHIGH CLASS(SECLABEL) ID(NAMED) ACC(READ)
READY
RDEFINE  STARTED NAMED.* STDATA(USER(NAMED))
ICH10102I NAMED.* ALREADY DEFINED TO CLASS STARTED.
READY
SETROPTS RACLIST(STARTED) REFRESH
READY
SETROPTS GENERIC(STARTED) REFRESH
READY
SETROPTS RACLIST(SECLABEL) REFRESH
ICH14041I RACLIST REFRESH of class SECLABEL ignored. The class is not active
yet.