> Then from the Windows 2008 it is going to be FTP'd to the mainframe.

> Is there a way to keep the CRLF command at the end of each line?
> And will the ainframe recognize it as a newline?

> What we really want is the UNIX file to be individual
> (FB Lrecl 946) going into the mainframe.

> It seems the Unix CRLF is x'0A' whereas the mainframe is x'25'

Well, X'0A' is the Unix "new line" character, ASCII LF (line feed).

IBM EBCDIC has three characters, CR, LF, and NL, or X'0D', X'25',
and X'15', respectively.

The default for FTP is text mode, which translated between CRLF
terminated (the FTP protocol, independent of host line termination)
ASCII, and the appropriate RECFM on the mainframe in EBCDIC.
(For FB it should pad the line with blanks, for VB set the record
length appropriately.)

You should also be able to do a binary, or image mode, transfer where
all the bytes come through, possibly with padding at the end of the
file to fill up the last record or block.

As unix, and many other systems, store files in 512 byte disk
blocks, it makes some sense to transfer them to the IBM system
in blocks of that size.  I would probably use RECFM=U, LRECL=512,
but it doesn't matter so much.

-- glen