Yes, both are on volume HSMPRM.

-----Original Message-----
From: Edgard Balter Jr. [mailto:edgard.bal...@ibge.gov.br]
Sent: Wednesday, October 26, 2011 1:08 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: HSM Logging Disabled

David,

please verify if the datasets are allocated on the same volume (as
required).

Regards,
Edgard

De:     "O'Brien, David W. (NIH/CIT) [C]" <obrie...@mail.nih.gov>
Para:   IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Data:   26/10/2011 13:30
Assunto:        HSM Logging Disabled
Enviado por:    IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu>

Trying to figure out why the following msg. is appearing at HSM startup:

ARC0021I  DFSMSHSM LOGGING FUNCTION DISABLED
ARC0020I ******************************

ARC9921I
ARC0021I DFSMSHSM LOGGING FUNCTION DISABLED

Explanation:  During DFSMShsm startup, either one or both of the DFSMShsm
log data sets was not specified or was specified as DD DUMMY on the
startup procedure through the DD names of ARCLOGX and ARCLOGY. This
message also occurs if the log data set's JFCB or data set VTOC entry
cannot be read.

Both log data sets must be specified on the startup procedure before the
logging function is enabled.

System Action:  DFSMShsm processing continues. DFSMShsm logging is not
performed.

Operator Response:  Notify the storage administrator if your installation
procedures require that DFSMShsm functions be recorded in DFSMShsm log
data sets.

Application Programmer Response:  Shut down DFSMShsm. Before restarting
DFSMShsm, ensure that two DFSMShsm log data sets are specified on the
DFSMShsm startup procedure.

JCL contains:

//ARCLOGX  DD DSN=SYSHSM.LOGX4,DISP=OLD
//ARCLOGY  DD DSN=SYSHSM.LOGY4,DISP=OLD

Note: Both datasets are newly allocated using Iefbr14.

Logsw=yes in Parm list

I've no idea what I might have changed to disable or when I might have
done it.
All suggestions gratefully accepted.

Regards,
Dave O'Brien