On Thu, 27 Oct 2011 17:21:31 -0500, Matthew Stitt wrote:

>Thanks Mark.  The JCL sample you provided worked quite well.  Now I have some
>residual modules which did not go away.  I'm looking into that issue and will
>probably find a real rats nest.  This could be an issue where the modules have
>link edit information for stuff that does not belong to the software.
>
>Oh well......

Ouch!  It has long been my understanding that SMP/E has an inadequate
understanding of ownership of LMODs by FMIDs.  In particular, when
link edit JCLIN is processed, the INCLUDE statements are reflected in
LMOD subentries of the MOD entries of the referenced MODs.  But looking
at the SMP/E Reference description of the MOD entry, I see no indication
that the LMOD subentries are identified with the SYSMOD that created
them, which may belong to the FMID being deleted.  So, it would seem
that SMP/E has no way to clean up the MOD entries.

(But can JCLIN for one FMID add LMOD subentries referring to an LMOD
introduced in a different FMID?)