Anne,
I do not remember specifics. As it's been 40 years but we had a nasty sort
issue one quarter the software group had installed a new sort that we found out
that wouldn't allow us to sort on a half byte (4 bits). We had a system that
didn't have the sign on numerical fields (packed unsigned) to save dasd space.
We had to jury rig the sort to sort the fields correctly. That was the closest
we ever came to not opening at 8 AM.
Ed