On Sat, 5 Nov 2011 22:13:29 -0500 John McKown <joa...@swbell.net> wrote:

:>On Sat, 2011-11-05 at 18:43 -0400, Jim Mulder wrote:
:><snip>
:>>   Let me reword that to say "in the environments where problem state
:>> application code would be running" instead of "in most cases".

:>>  The documentation is under the KEY and PKM parameter
:>> descriptions on the ATTACHX macro in Authorized Assembler Services
:>> Reference.

:>Ah. I was looking for the wrong thing. I was looking for a way to change
:>my PKM in the currently executing environment. Like MODESET does for CPU
:>keys.

Documented approach would be via creating a PC entry with a different PKM.
Then you issue the PC and viola. But,as you are stating that the program is
supervisor state, the PKM does not provide any additional privileges - PKM is
only checked for problem state callers.

:>But apparently I should be able to freely switch between keys 8 & 9
:>using the SPKA instruction. I'm still not sure that is documented as
:>GUPI or not. Yes, I'm a PITA about some of these things. "Once burned,
:>twice shy."

http://www.dissensoftware.com