I don't believer that Dataspaces and hiperspaces normally exist past the
end-of-step. They are like memory. Because they are memory. You can't pass them
between steps or between processes. Well, not using normal z/OS non-APF
functionality. You can use a LINEAR VSAM dataset and "map" it using DIV into a
dataspace or a hiperspace. You can then pass that LINEAR dataset to some other
process. Which needs to use DIV to use it as memory.
Example code for dataspace:
http://publibz.boulder.ibm.com/cgi-bin/bookmgr_OS390/BOOKS/iea2a580/6.16
Example code for hiperspace
http://publibz.boulder.ibm.com/cgi-bin/bookmgr_OS390/BOOKS/iea2a580/7.13.1.1

Remember that a hiperspace is accessed by copying data into & out of it in 4K
chunks. A dataspace can be referenced at a byte level using normal assembler
instructions when in AR mode. The access register "points to" the dataspace.
Kinda.

--
John McKown
Systems Engineer IV

Administrative Services Group

HealthMarkets®

9151 Boulevard 26 . N. Richland Hills . TX 76010
(817) 255-3225 phone .
john.mck...@healthmarkets.com . www.HealthMarkets.com

HealthMarkets® is the brand name for products underwritten and issued by the
Company®, Mid-West National Life Insurance Company of TennesseeSM and The MEGA
Life and Health Insurance Company.SM