Thanks Chris! Much appreciated.

Bill

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu] On Behalf Of
Blaicher, Christopher Y.
Sent: Wednesday, November 16, 2011 6:44 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: SYNCSORT - No records message

Bill,

I monitor the IBM-MAIN list for Syncsort and saw your request.  I am currently
researching your request and have asked some of my associates about it to see
if we can solve it.

Right off the bat we all thought of a simple TRAILER1 that would say "n NUMBER
OF RECORDS OUTPUT" or the like, where n would be the number of records, but
that does not meet your no additional records if data is in the file
requirement.

I will get back to you in the next day or two with our best solution to your
requirements.

Chris Blaicher
Senior Software Engineer, Software Services
Syncsort Incorporated
50 Tice Boulevard, Woodcliff Lake, NJ 07677
P: 201-930-8260  |  M: 512-627-3803
E: cblaic...@syncsort.com

www.syncsort.com

Check out our Knowledge Base at www.syncsort.com/support

Syncsort aims for the best product and service experience.
We welcome your feedback.