In French, "guillemets" refer to single quotes (" ' "). Double quotes (' " ') are called "double guillemets".

John Gilmore wrote:

Shmuel,

If you'll look into the Wikipedia piece on Brackets, you'll find
mention of  the "occasional" use of the term "broken brackets" and
some examples.  It is the one I have used routinely for many years.
(I have consulted my colleagues, and they use it too, but I may very
well have contaminated what they say.)

The French word you're looking for may be "guillemets", viz.,  «, »,
which in written Metropolitan French are almost exact equivalents of
written English-language [double] quotes, ",".

The use of ",'' instead of «, » is increasingly common in
non-Metropolitan French, which is, I think, unfortunate: I like the
fact that the difference between the prefixing and suffixing values is
builtin, not at the mercy of some typeface designer or a text-editing
program that never gets things quite right.

John Gilmore, Ashland, MA 01721 - USA