LS;

For many years we are using SU = SRMCONSTANT*(TBCPUTIME+SRBCPUTIME) for
chargeback and CPU usage awareness to our departments.
Now we moved from z9 to z196 and see a decrease of 20-30%, depending of type of
work, in the number of calculated SU's.
When I asked another company they reported 15-20% decrease.

I read a number of articles about SU's and most of the articles indicate SU's
reported will differ more and more due to new type of machines, use of Ziip's,
Zaap's, hiperdispatch, power saving mode etc etc.

But to my assumption the SRMCONSTANT for a machine is defined by IBM in such a
way that when looking at all users in the world going from a z9 to a z196 that
some people see a decrease and some see a increase in the above calculation
leveling out the differences.
Because of the say 25% decrease mentioned there should be companies with a 25%
increase in the calculation and I do not think they like to see this.

So my question is what are the differences seen in your company if you have
done such a move to get a feeling how "true" the SRMCONSTANT is defined?

Met vriendelijke groeten / Kind Regards,
Ron van der Zande