How about :

              get   sysin
              putx  sysout,sysin

Rick
Joe Aulph wrote:

Simple enough:

        GET   SYSIN,SYSSPACE
        PUT   SYSOUT,SYSSPAE

The hard part is before the get and after the put.
Good luck,

ja
On Wed, Nov 30, 2011 at 3:26 AM, Lindy Mayfield <lindy.mayfi...@sas.com>wrote:

That is a very fair test, basic, and not high difficulty.  Sometimes I get
a bit miffed when I find out an interview for a technical position was held
without me or any other technical person there.  One "test question" back
some years ago with I was working in Heidelberg was to ask the interviewee
what would they do if they encountered some network problems.

I didn't get that question because I was interviewing for a mainframe
position, and with one manager level "MVS"kinda-sorta and another Unix guy
that didn't say much.  And knew diddly about mainframes.

But the answer they were looking for about the network was the ping
utility.  To be honest, I would have probably gotten that one wrong because
I would have gone deeper too look for a problem.  Ping is such a staple
utility used so much that I would have dismissed it as being just too
obvious.  Of course I would have started with something like ping, but I
wouldn't have counted it as any sort of answer.

Personally I would expect more from a professional.  Ok, if someone says
they are an assembler programmer, then sure, show us what you can do.
Copying a file to a file seems trivial.  But what if they aren't an
assembler programmer?  I'd say come back tomorrow with a working program,
and explain briefly how it works in case it was simply copied from another
source and (hopefully changed a bit).  Copying code is fair game.

Now you have me challenged to see if that would be a fair request.  My
assembler skills are next to nothing.  Best I've done is a Rexx assembler
function and that was mostly just going through a bunch load of control
blocks.  And I might as be a RISC programmer - I might know 40 instructions.

Starting now, if I don't give up for some good reason, I am going to write
an assembler program to copy a file.  Something I've never done before, and
I have no clue how to do it.

Sounds like a nice challenge.

Lindy Mayfield