In
<CAPD5F5qupGwJF77dVg8uQSTQZMC_0uhvxk=iaet9vogyocx...@mail.gmail.com>,
on 12/03/2011
   at 06:26 PM, John Gilmore <johnwgilmore0...@gmail.com> said:

>This symbol is present in Unicode as the HTML entity &not, the
>numeric entity &#804;,  and the hexadecimal entity &#xAC;.

The entities &not[1], &#172 and &#xAC represent the same value[2],
which is distinct from &#804[3][4].

[1] Technically there is a semicolon after each of the entities.

[2] Logical Not (¬)

[3] For characters not in the ISO-8859-a range, it's clearer if you
    use heaxadecimal rather than decimal; in this case, &#x324

[4] I don't see anything at that code point in the chart at
    <http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Unicode/Character_reference/0000-0FFF>