From: Scott Ford [mailto:scott_j_f...@yahoo.com]
Sent: Wednesday, December 07, 2011 10:46 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: RECFM=VBA and no JCL

All:

I have the following situation:

I am calling a program via Cobol and the output is
RECFM=VBA,LRECL=133,BLKSIZE=1330 (only an example)
The actual allocations are done dynamically via BPXWDYN and work fine no
problem.
I then close the file and free it and re-allocate it ( no JCL ) for this file
its dynamic and of course I can read it.
If I code a 'DD' with a RECFM=VB,LRECL=137 it works great with no problems. I
can I do the same internally inside my Cobol code without a 'DD' stmt ?

All comments and opinions are much appreciated.
Regards,
Scott J Ford
Software Engineer
http://www.identityforge.com