Thank you for the comments and suggestions. We have resolved the issue. As
stated before, the problem was that a CICS region could not be shutdown
using the f cicsregion,cemt p shut command from any console, including the
master console.

The problem was caused by the add on feature SOAP for CICS. This feature
changes the way CICS handles the modify command. The SOAP for CICS system
perquisites did not include a necessary PTF (UQ87870) to correct this
change.

We have applied this PTF, refreshed the LPA and we are now working.