From: Justin R. Bendich <jbend...@austin.rr.com>
To: IBM-MAIN <IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu>
Sent: Mon, Dec 12, 2011 12:31 pm
Subject: S402 ABEND upon cross-memory POST

I am attempting a cross-memory POST and receiving a S402 ABEND, RSN=0.
ere is the environment:
The code is running in key zero, AMODE 31, ASC=PRIMARY, PASN=HASN=SASN .
It is running out of a FRR for a SRB.
The macro invocation is specified as follows:
    POST  THE_ECB,0,ASCB=(2),ERRET=LBL1,ECBKEY=7,LINKAGE=SYSTEM,MF=(E,PL_LIST)
R2 addresses the correct ASCB.
The ECB resides in CSA.
The key of the ECB is, indeed, 7.
The code at LBL1 (the ERRET) is XL2'07FE' (BR R14).
The parameter list ends up looking like:
     X'00'(R1): ecb address
    X'04'(R1): ASCB address
    X'08'(R1): ERRET address
    X'0C'(R1): A(X'70000000')
There does not appear to be anything wrong with it.
There is a task whose PSW key is zero which has issued
n EVENTS macro whose table includes the ECB in question.
The home address space of that task is described by the
assed ASCB.
The table for the EVENTS macro is in key-8 storage.
Thank you for any information you might be able to provide,
Justin R. Bendich
or IBM-MAIN subscribe / signoff / archive access instructions,
end email to lists...@bama.ua.edu with the message: GET IBM-MAIN INFO
earch the archives at http://bama.ua.edu/archives/ibm-main.html