Ed Finnell wrote:

In a message dated 12/29/2005 10:54:14 A.M. Central Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

then Enable HMC Services then Optical and I/O Error Analysis radio button. Disabled means no "call home" reports and AFAIR no messages on HMC. (My vaguely recollection)

Yep, but is it really wise? What if you have a failure on the
Host end and nothing calls HOME?

Did I say it is wise ? <g>
BTW: In my practise, IBM *never* reacted to Optical Network problems. Even when ESCON card in CPC had failed.

If you really have problem, you'll get another messages, from failing devices (including CPC), or from MVS console. Another possibility is to switch the option temporarily, just for re-cabling period.
So, is it really unwise ? <g>

Regards
--
Radoslaw Skorupka