Chr.
Have you done some paper and pencil storage estimates
On a LPAR assume
2 gig for each of
Z/os
OMVS
Each DB2 subsystem
Each IMS subsystem
Each MQ  subsystem
Each CICS subsystem
5 Batch address spaces
20 TSO users

If you have 14 gig available to an LPAR and one each of the above items
you may be ok but are pushing it.

Where did these numbers come from?

For the subsystems, each has been hit by a long history of VSCR problems
from early 'MVS' releases and in the case of IMS and CICS from earlier OS
releases.  All these products have aggressivly expanded both vertically
(using more storage in the address space) and horozontally (using more
address spaces)  It is reasonable to assume that in the world of 64 bit
addressing and a multi node sysplex these subsystems would of been pushing
the limit of 31 bit environments ... Hence 2 gig each.

Of course for a cost exceeding the total price of the memory you could and
should do a more complex study if your procedures and / or protocalls call
for it.