You're career sounds frighteningly like mine.  I started as a systems
programmer in 1978 at Milwaukee County, where I worked before as an operator
and then an applications programmer.  We had a 3032 also, but I thought it came
in around 1975 or so.  I may be wrong.

I remember our conversion from VS1 to MVS 3.7, which was in 1978 and early 79.
I think we used a Panvalet product for the editor in VS1.  I liked SPF on MVS
3.7 a lot better.

I also did VM.  I can't remember when I started doing VM, but I know it was
finally retired in Feb. 1999.  Then they didn't have to worry about Y2K on VM,
since we were on R5 of VM.

I remember hearing that there weren't a lot of  3032's made.  A lot more 3033s
and 3031s.  If I remember right, the 3032 was about the same speed as a
370/168.

--
Eric Bielefeld
Systems Programmer