You're right Ted. In fact, I really dont want to share CPs with the CF.

However, the current soft-papping mechanism only allows to soft-cap an LPAR
to a certain amount of MSUs.
At first I used soft-cap. Then I noticed we encounter situations where one
LPAR is being soft-capped, while all the others are not even close to their
defined capacity. From my point of view, this is a poor allocation of
resources (which we are paying for). Obviously, If the LPAR was not
soft-capped (and not hard-capped) it could have used the free MSUs.

I would like to see some solution to allow soft-capping the entire box at a
certain amount of MSUs, and then define regular weights to the LPARs. That
way, if an LPAR is not hard-capped it can use free MSUs (if there are any),
and still not go over the defined capacity limit for the box. Maybe
something similar to the way they limit CP processing power on the z/890,
only controlled dynamically.

Gil.