Cheers and thanks for link.

Ant.
Northern Territory Government of Australia

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu] On Behalf Of
Jan MOEYERSONS
Sent: Wednesday, 4 January 2012 9:29 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: A design question

On Wed, 4 Jan 2012 14:24:51 +0930, Anthony Thompson
<anthony.thomp...@nt.gov.au> wrote:

> What I want to do is write a BCPii interface that is Windoze driven (i.e.
> Java that calls C++?).
> Any pointers in this direction would be appreciated.

JNI is the word for you. Java can call C++ and vice-versa. Do be carefull about
obtaining and releasing the global and local references to your Java classes
and objects in time so you don't run into performance problems and so the
garbage collector can do its job properly.

http://java.sun.com/docs/books/jni/ is a good start for a long read.

Cheers,

Jantje.

lists...@bama.ua.edu with the message: INFO IBM-MAIN