Modh

Have a look at the manuals in this bookshelf.

http://publibz.boulder.ibm.com/cgi-bin/bookmgr_OS390/Shelves/ibmsh400

You may not find here the perhaps tutorial information you would really like.
If it's freely available, you could try Google - or any other "search engine" -
searches.

Be aware that you will find various tokens representing what I believe is
officially "PL/I". Thus you could try searching with "PL/1", "PLI" (actually
unlikely I think) or your "PL1".

I found this bookshelf starting from this URL which I think you will find
useful for searching within IBM regular manuals online:

http://www-03.ibm.com/systems/z/os/zos/bkserv/

Chris Mason