At 17:10 -0600 on 01/09/2012, Mark Zelden wrote about Re: IDC3309I ** RECORD X'2BC5E7D7F2' NOT WRITTEN. LENGTH IN:

On Mon, 9 Jan 2012 16:32:49 -0500, Robert A. Rosenberg <hal9...@panix.com> wrote:

Just because MAXLRECL = AVGLRECL does not mean ALL the records are
6544 long. In fact since there were only 2 errors, all the other
records were 6540 or shorter. You have the correct fix by making the
LRECL=6548 since you need to allow for the record length header on
the variable length records (IOW: LRECL needs to be
 >MAXLRECL+4 or larger).

That is correct,  it doesn't have to be.  But that's usually what it means.
So I made a bad assumption.  I didn't look at the HSM manual and
didn't know off hand that it was VB.    If it is VB, then normally
AVGLRECL is something less than MAXLRECL.   Since it is VB, then yes,
add 4 to the LRECL.  Blksize can be anything => LRECL+4.

Even if all the VSAM records are all the same length (ie: The equivalent of FB), since they are being copied to a VB QSAM file, the LRECL has to be MAXLRECL+4.

I just looked at a couple of my systems and one has the same
attributes (AVG/MAX = 6544).  On another,  MAX = 2040 and
AVG = 435.

So OP:  Change LRECL to 6548.

Regards,

Mark