One of our middleware support staff has brought this possible exposure to our
attention:

                                    By using the two-way encryption format, a
super user in ITDS (e.g cn=root) can run the
                                    ldapsearch command or any other ldap client
tool to retrieve user passwords in
                                    clear text format.

Questions:  1) - Is this scenario accurate?
                   2) - What changes can we make to prevent a 'root' user from
gaining this access?

TIA for your help.

Bruce Wheatley
The Canadian Depository for Securities Limited
Toronto, ON
M5H 2C9
bwheat...@cds.ca