I'm trying to find documention on limits on RECFM, LRECL, and BLKSIZE
for SYSIN data sets and SYSOUT data assigned to INTRDR.  I find some
terse description in:

    Title: z/OS V1R13 DFSMS Using Data Sets
    Document Number: SC26-7410-11

    3.5.2 SYSIN Data Set

Which states that the minimum LRECL for a SYSIN data set is 80.
It gives no maximum.  32760?  Perhaps an RCF is in order.  If the
information is not now available, which publication should supply
it?

But I get lost in control blocks.  I shouldn't need to be a
systems programmer to get the information I need.  I find very
little useful additional information in the JCL Reference, which
mentions that LRECL is permitted on "DD *" statements, but
gives no maximum.  And experiment shows that while LRECL is
syntactically allowed, it has little or no effect.

At some point, max LRECL was probably 80, keypunch width.  some time
later it may have been 254 for JES3 (I tested it).  In 1995, OW10527
attempted to relax this limit for JES2.  It was such a failure that
IBM chose to regress it with by OW16774. OA08145 (NF, 2003?) mentions
"Support handling of SYSIN data with an LRECL>254", but gives no
maximum.  What publication would this appear in?  Would there be an
announcement letter?

It seems there have been enough changes that the documents haven't
kept up and now contradict each other.

Thanks,
gil