Hi, All,

We have need to copy an extended-format VSAM "sphere" consisting of the base
cluster, one alternate index and one path from one image to another,
changing the HLQ and target catalog in the process.  So far we've
successfully DUMPed the sphere (logical dump) to tape using DFSMSdss, but
all attempts so far to RESTORE it (with RENUNC) to the target system have
failed.

Both images are at z/OS 1.5; both images are members of the same Parallel
Sysplex; and the source image's *Catalog* is accessible on the target image
(but the source image's volumes are offline to it) (maybe that's the
"show-stopper"?).  Most of the failed attempts are requesting that the
source volumes be "mounted" on the target image, but we want the RESTORE to
go to target image volumes.

Can this be done using DFSMSdss DUMP / RESTORE? or should we look at
(perhaps) IDCAMS EXPORT / IMPORT? or maybe just REPRO the base cluster to
tape, DEFINE an empty cluster on the target image, REPRO from tape, DEFINE
the alternate index and path, and BLDINDEX?

TIA for any ideas,

    -jc-